Note de ce sujet :
  • Moyenne : 0 (0 vote(s))

Proposition de fusion des wikis
J'ai lancé, sur le Wiki anglais, une discussion sur la possibilité d'une traduction des pages du wiki anglais en plusieurs langues (dont le français), en interne, c'est à dire directement sur les serveurs du wiki anglais, avec une template permettant de switcher d'une langue à une autre, comme sur le wiki d'OpenTTD. La voici :

Citation :Hi guys !
For a non-bilingual person, playing DF is much more challenging because of the complexity of the vocabulary ingame. Translations are pretty hard, and sometimes impossible. So giving the possibility to anyone to translate some pages could be great for the community growth.
I'm a contributor of the french wiki since a long time, and i'm thinking about an easy way of translating the wiki in various languages, as Spanish, french, japanese, chinese, german, russian, whatever... But i have a problem with the french wiki : it has a lack of contributors, a lack of efficient templates and an outdated content. This, in my opinion, is due to the dispersion of the french community. We have 3 main forums, and the owner of the French wiki is, by far, the less active.
Actually, i think that the easiest option to go that way is doing just like the official Wiki of the (awesome) game OpenTTD : Making a simple template that allows you to switch the language of a Page at any moment. It means that all the translated pages of the Wiki must be hosted on the domain dwarffortresswiki.org.
I'm talking about this template : http://wiki.openttd.org/Template:Other_languages
I know what you'll say : what about the Bandwidth? What about stocking all this new content on the Wiki ? I think that it's not a major problem because the actual pictures of this wiki can be used in all the translation pages. No need to adapt the pictures to another language, because the game is only in english. Stocking only text shouldn't be a big problem. The second point is that if my idea works incredibly well and the number of visitors/contributors of the wiki is exploding (strong assumption), it should be easy to make a donation system for the wiki.
So IMO, the system of translation of the openttd's wiki is powerfull and brilliant.
What do you guys think about all this ?
PS :I'm not sure if it's the right place to post this.
PPS : i'm sorry for my awful english grammar and my poor vocabulary ^^'
--Darkomen (talk) 22:09, 6 January 2014 (UTC)
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/D...g_the_wiki

C'est donc en toute logique que je lance une proposition de "fusion" des wiki. Pour être plus précis, le Wiki anglais absorberait le wiki français, qui par la même occasion adopterait la même charte graphique et les mêmes modèles que son confrère anglais.
Personnellement, je suis épaté par la qualité du wiki anglais, que ce soit au niveau contenu ou au niveau présentation : Tout est clair, bien présenté, juste, et les informations sont toujours disponibles très facilement. Cette fusion permettrait d'utiliser directement les templates du wiki anglais, sans les traduire, les images du wiki anglais sans les uploader, et la présentation des articles du wiki anglais, et nous ferait EN PLUS gagner un temps précieux sur la modération des pages, etc. Enfin, ça permettrait, ce qui n'est pas rien, de permettre à l'ensemble de la communauté francophone d'accéder à ce wiki, le wiki anglais étant de toutes façons de loin le plus consulté des deux par les francophones. Bref, se concentrer sur l'essentiel : la rédaction de contenu de qualité en français.

Encore faut-il qu'ils acceptent ma proposition. Bref, rien n'est figé.

Qu'en pensez-vous?

Répondre

Messages dans ce sujet
Proposition de fusion des wikis - par darkomen - 07/01/2014, 00:12
[Pas de titre] - par UristMacFrench - 09/01/2014, 20:29

Atteindre :

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet : 1 visiteur(s)